The Weights Protocol
1. The minimum prescribed riding weight for all DEC endurance events will be 75 kg with all riding equipment (excluding bridle). If alternate weight divisions are allowed, and will be clearly written in the Technical Sheet published by DEC.
2. In competitions with minimum body weight conditions, riders will have to maintain the prescribed minimum body weight at all times during the riding phases. Non adherence will be strictly penalized with disqualification.
3. For ladies endurance events, alternative weight divisions are allowed, and will be clearly written in the Technical Sheet published by DEC.
4. There shall be no minimum weight for DEC Qualifiers, Young Rider and/or Junior competitions.
5. When a minimum weight is required, weight control must be carried at the pre-ride inspection and, where applicable, after the finish and may take place at random during the event.
6. Riders must be weighed out and where necessary, be weighed with all riding equipment (excluding bridle). The competitor must maintain the minimum riding weight or minimum body weight at all times during the riding phases. It is the rider’s responsibility to weigh in immediately after crossing the finish line if requested to do so by an Official.
7. Once a horse has successfully passed the pre-ride inspection, rider has to present himself to the Ground Jury at the designated weight control area with his / her respective veterinary card along with the horse document. Additional weights where required will be provided by DEC and should not be tampered with. If tampered, the concerned rider will be disqualified.
8. In every case, the weight must be taken and registered on the vet card immediately after the horse has successfully passed the pre-ride inspection and within the time limit shown in the Technical Sheet published by DEC. Any competitor, who does not present himself/herself on time, will be termed as disqualified.
9. Riders must submit their photo ID card when they present themselves for weighing.
Information courtesy of Dubai Equestrian Club, Please click link below for further details on Endurance in the UAE.